• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Stringy and weddy poops? Normal? Pics included

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I am glad everything is okay!

krupali

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
krupali
Luka's still drinking more water than usual. part of me thinks he has something underlying going on, but the other part of me thinks that he is fine. The avian vet doesn't seem concerned and thinks it must be the hormones.
He seems to ignore his food during daytime and only really eats when it's time to go to bed. I hace no idea why but it's driving me nuts
I've been keeping an eye of him especially when he drinks water. I've noticed that he'll drink water before he eats and after he eats and in between.
What I've observed is that he will take a few sips and then wait for a few seconds, take more until he's satisfied.
I think the food might be dry but he's never had this issue so why now? I checked the humidity levels and it's always 38-40% and I believe that's optimal.

I'm running out of options at this point and I just want to make sure it's not health related. My last tiel had really bad polyuria and the one time I posted about it on this sub, someone commented that drinking more water is almost always health related. So yeah that's been stuck with me and been paranoid ever since. I'm starting to think what if wmthere was a false positive in his gram stain, fecal float or smear? He's had fecal smear twice but they didn't find anything and now I'm starting to think maybe something is wrong.

On the good side, he's very alert and always singing and whistling. He hasn't dropped any weight

I'll post his results here when I find it.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
What is his diet? Obviously, drinking a lot of water will give watery droppings.

krupali

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
krupali
What is his diet? Obviously, drinking a lot of water will give watery droppings.
He's a little picky so mostly seeds but I try to feed him roudybush pellets, veggies and sometimes dried veggies like carrots. Like most birds, he loves eating millet out of the seed mix.
Yes drinking alot of water will give watery poos but my concern id the amount of water intake. From what I've heard, it could be a sign of liver or kidney function and in some cases diabetes, which all came out to be normal.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think if it was kidneys or liver it should have shown up with the blood test. At least the tiel I am working with that his kidney issues was diagnosed through a blood test.