• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stressed

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Hi,
Chip has always been kinda anxious around me but it was okay but I feel after she escaped last year it just got worse. Does anybody have any tips to help her calm down at bit?

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Could you tell us more? How does Chip seem stressed? What does she do?
Many Linnies become hand shy with age. Could you be touching too much?

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Could you tell us more? How does Chip seem stressed? What does she do?
Many Linnies become hand shy with age. Could you be touching too much?
She goes like limb, like acting dead/ frozen and the moment she gets away she breaths heavy. If I come near the cage she freaks. Doesn't like it if Nuka is with me cause she will scream (cause she is afraid to come aswell). Not sure how to explain before she escaped she wasn't like handtame but would sit close to me when Nuka was sitting on me and even set up some times. But ever since the escape like the whole world seems scary to her, even her favourite treats she wont take them from me or when I put them close to her. Don't really touch her, only when I have no choice to grab her to put them back in cage. Now trying to make her step up again (step by step). But just feel like she could use something to take the edge off or something so was hoping maybe some kind of tea or something I could try and give.

Last edited:

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aww poor Chip. I don't know anything about a tea or supplement that you could try to have her calm down. I guess I'd just take it step by step again. Linnies are known for freezing in place when they are afraid. I'm not aware of the escape, but maybe she will really need time to feel safe again. Good luck.

kiertje

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kira
Aww poor Chip. I don't know anything about a tea or supplement that you could try to have her calm down. I guess I'd just take it step by step again. Linnies are known for freezing in place when they are afraid. I'm not aware of the escape, but maybe she will really need time to feel safe again. Good luck.
Yeah my sister took my birds out and Chip left through the bathroom window. She got chased by jackdaw. After 4 hours of searching I found her sleeping under a green car.

Glamourfaust

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Hi,
Chip has always been kinda anxious around me but it was okay but I feel after she escaped last year it just got worse. Does anybody have any tips to help her calm down at bit?
I was just researching which fresh herbs are safe for parrots and read that mint has a calming effect. Maybe try a little of that?