• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stress question?

Law

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rain
Good afternoon/morning/evening-

I just signed up here so pardon me if I set this up wrong!

I have a question regarding my two Sun conures- I've had each for years, I feel like I've practically grown up with them. In fact, my family and I have actually raised various clutches (Unexpectedly, considering we were promised the female wouldn't breed lol) and they each have provided me with different learning opportunities. Sadly, due to some unfortunate circumstances, its looking like I may have to sell/rehome them both. This absolutely breaks my heart, and I wish there was a way around it, but I doubt there is. At this point, im incredibly worried about what kind of stress this may cause on the birds. Will they be okay if I am forced to rehome them? Frankly, besides what I've learned through owning them, I don't know much about conure behavior, and this has been causing me worry. If rehomed, the pair would stay together, but will they still be alright? Any sort of information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much in advance.

Flynn

Strolling the yard
I'm not an expert on bird behaviors, but from looking into other cases it will stress them out greatly. However, a large amount of parrots are able to be re-homed successfully as long as the person receiving them makes it as easy as possible on them. I'd definitely make sure the person that ends up getting them are at least a little bit experienced with owning parrots. I wish you the best of luck :sadhug2:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Its all about who you rehome them to. Choose wisely and be very picky who you choose.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm sorry you may have to rehome them. As was already said, they will be okay in the right home. :)