• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Strange poo

Birb Lady

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lily
My bird has been pooping a weird shade of green, it only just started less than an hour or so ago, it's probably something she ate. She's being herself so I'm not too worried, but you can never be too safe with birds. The urine is clear, urates are white, it's a little hard to see because this is my shower and she takes watery poos after her baths and drinking. She ate a blueberry a little before this so I'm keeping an eye out for the dark poop to see if she's digesting well. She is currently pulling apart my towel as I type this so I'm just going to leave this here . I would appreciate some help. image.jpg

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do you mean the bright green poo? That is unusual.

Keep an eye on this. Switch her to a basic diet - just pellets and no fresh food so you can monitor the droppings more easily. Put plain white paper in her cage if you can, again so you can more easily monitor the droppings.

If her droppings haven't returned to normal in 12-14 hours, then she will need to see a vet. If her droppings are still bright green, I would ask for a test for chlamydiosis and liver function.

Birb Lady

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Lily
Do you mean the bright green poo? That is unusual.

Keep an eye on this. Switch her to a basic diet - just pellets and no fresh food so you can monitor the droppings more easily. Put plain white paper in her cage if you can, again so you can more easily monitor the droppings.

If her droppings haven't returned to normal in 12-14 hours, then she will need to see a vet. If her droppings are still bright green, I would ask for a test for chlamydiosis and liver function.
She has blueberry poop right now so I know she's at least digesting her food, I think she just ate something that made her poo that color. I'll take her to the vet if I see it again. I'm pretty sure she's ok though. Thank you for your help!