• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Strange Growth(??) on toe

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I noticed this on Oreo’s toe, any ideas on what it could be? I don’t think it’s mites because it’s just this one isolated spot and there’s nothing like it on any of the other birds.

685CC513-E8AE-42D0-BAF6-A6D94730DBFD.jpeg
C2150F70-5CDD-41E7-98F0-3818045803BE.jpeg

Edit: Oreo also seems to always have very dry feet, I’m not sure if that could be related

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Also for anyone who’s wondering about his missing nail, he lost it a few months ago. I’m not sure if it’ll ever fully regrow but it seems like it’s grown a little bit.

DinoStormy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Emma
@Ripshod ?
I've never seen anything like it, one of my budgies also seems to have dry feet no matter the humidity...

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
@Ripshod ?
I've never seen anything like it, one of my budgies also seems to have dry feet no matter the humidity...
Oreo is actually a cockatiel but the dry feet issue seems to be spread through all species, I wonder why it happens :bored:

Kiwi & Co.

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
The first photo it seems to appear is in this one from February 24

20665D70-36E0-41E4-B97D-79E835BECB66.jpeg

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
To me it just looks like a buildup of old skin. When they grip the perches or walk on a flat surface that is the area that doesn't make contact because of the nail, and so never wears down as the rest of the foot does.
It doesn't look like mites, infection or bumblefoot, and it doesn't seem to be causing any problem to Oreo so just keep an eye on it.
Gosh he's handsome! :heart: