• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

strange behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaceyRead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lacey
Hello everyone, previously I was a member of another forum that closed down so hopefully some of you remember Mango and I.

Lately I have noticed that when ever I try to have mango step up or whenever my hand is near her, (I believe she is a girl), she will spread out her wings (head kinda goes down and makes a ticking noise, like she is stretching, she acts like she is almost paralysed. I have also noticed that her private parts are kind of pulsing. I have noticed this before and know it is because she wants to mate. Just wondering if anyone can put any in sight into the stretching behaviour?

Thanks!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Yes that is all mating behavior. It's perfectly normal. Have you DNA's her or has she already laid an egg?

Ginger

LaceyRead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lacey
no she is not DNAed or laid an egg. she was born in march of 2008 (just over a year)
All nesting type things in her cage (happy hut and such) had to be removed awhile ago , this was happening like 9 months ago because she was tearing them apart and being very aggressive
I have a little foraging cup at the bottom of her cage and the other morning when I uncovered her cage I noticed she was in there (maybe slept there all night). She does not act territorial around the cup though.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Hi Lacey! I remember you and Mango, I'd love to see more pics of her:D

As Ginger said, that is all normal mating behavior.

LaceyRead

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lacey
hi love4birds, nice to see you again!
I just had her out for a while (being such a sweety!) on my shoulder most of the time mimicing me and giving kisses. I noticed he doing the same behaviour again I also noticed some small spots of watery poop or discharge on my shoulder/arm of my shirt after she did it. Shes not getting ready to lay an egg is she?

Status
Not open for further replies.