• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Storm and her 3 lil' ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I moved them all to a smaller cage for now, the babies have been coming out of the box but not enough for their age - and Storm decided she was going to start laying more eggs - and had to break it to her that just wasn't going to happen since this is her 2nd clutch and the male was removed when these 3 were just a few weeks old So I didn't have to worry about the eggs being fertile LOL

But these are the 3 who had very small beaks at the start - because she was a messy feeder and even though i cleaned their beaks several times a day they still had a stunted growth on them

but They're growing out , one does look almost completely normal, the other 2 are moving right along I considered using a nail file but decided to wait a little longer since they were starting to grow and form out right - maybe I won't need to help the cause after all

but I don't have them up on photo bucket yet so i'll just attach them, from the looks of it all 3 are female

they're looking all to to Violet grey like dad, 2 are Dominant pied(got that from dad even though all he had was the thumb print on the back of the head)

Attachments

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
They are violet grey - But you don't really see the violet much expect in their rump area but dad was Violet Grey Grey Wing Dominate pied , mom is Grey Spangle

only reason I knew the dad wasn't normal grey is from their 1st clutch when I got a Violet Spangle :D Always wanted one and got one on "accident"

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Awww they are such cuties. I really like the little guys.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Oh my goodness they are beautiful!!

Look at those wee one, kisses to them all!

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
thanks guys - they've been eating on their own for a few days now, but Since they did start out slow with their beak issues I want to give them a few more days of eating on their own before putting them in the community cage Just to make sure they're getting enough to eat on their own

but unless you look really hard at them you wouldn't know they had beak issues - which is good :D

Status
Not open for further replies.