• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Store KNOWS They Are False Advertising!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdasaurus

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
...and aware they are ripping people off!!! So earlier I posted about a store advertising 25% off, but not actually giving the full 25% off because of how they are running the percentages.

Well, I contacted them and I got a reply which basically said he knows that he's doing it. He said that when he actually gave 25% off, then customers were complaining they couldn't use coupons on it, so he lowered it to 10% off then you can use the coupon.

He told me, and I quote, " the discount shrank but the complaints evaporated - please draw your own conclusions."

YET HE IS STILL ADVERTISING 25% OFF ACKNOWLEDGING HE ISN'T GIVING 25% OFF!!!!

I don't know law very well, so I'm not going to publicize the store name here, but please PM me if you'd like to know.

Last edited:

TwilightsImprint

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Erica
Actually it is perfectly legal to post store names as long as you dont publicize his name. It's a public review. I dont know if it's acceptable on the forums rules but legally it is perfectly ok to write a review of the store.

It's a bit like saying Petsmart has mistreated their animals in the past. it's a public review and stating fact and opinion not accusing them of peddling to an alien race.

Status
Not open for further replies.