• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Still trying to find homes for Kiwi and Nelson

BeachComberNC

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Morgan
Oh wow thanks. It’s been a long time since I had a feathered friend and was just curious how you thought he got it. Contaminated greens do make sense though. And with the bacteria is it best to use stainless steel bowls vs plastic I’m guessing?
The Ecoli was most likely from contamination of greens. Around that time they had a national recall of assorted greens that were contaminated. The bacterial infection, the vet said, was most likely from bacterial build-up in drinking cups. By this time I am trying not to judge but at the time I have to admit I was angry even though I tried to be as kind as I could be. Every one is not as "deligent" as I am...thats just the truth

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Raphi
Oh wow thanks. It’s been a long time since I had a feathered friend and was just curious how you thought he got it. Contaminated greens do make sense though. And with the bacteria is it best to use stainless steel bowls vs plastic I’m guessing?
Stainless steel is better :)