• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Still mourning

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
Well it’s been close to two months since Mango went missing. I’m still haunted by memories. It is very difficult to get past guilt of mistakes made. If only I knew what has happened to him, I could at least have closure. When does it ever get better?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Have you considered seeking out some grief counselling?
Death is not ever easy to deal with but not actually knowing and dealing with missing is a whole new experience- there is often no closure that can be found when the facts are still not known- I really feel counselling may be helpful for you to move on and allow you to drop the guilt, living with this constant feeling of guilt and lack of definite answers will take its toll on all aspects of your health.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
I lost Lurch about 6 years ago now and it was devastating but I kept his lost ad up for 5 years and was given Dobby that gave me another Maxi that needed me to concentrate on. I did the same about losing Lurch but slowly got better with time and the hope for him to turn up.
I agree, if you just can't function and are constantly sad try getting some help or somebody to talk to and help you sort out your feelings :bluhug:

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
I'm so sorry about your loss, I don't have much advice too offer but I hope you feel better soon.

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
Have you considered seeking out some grief counselling?
Death is not ever easy to deal with but not actually knowing and dealing with missing is a whole new experience- there is often no closure that can be found when the facts are still not known- I really feel counselling may be helpful for you to move on and allow you to drop the guilt, living with this constant feeling of guilt and lack of definite answers will take its toll on all aspects of your health.
Thank you, yes I agree with you that not knowing what actually happened to my bird is what is not allowing closure. He just disappeared in a very unusual way, and with that I blame myself. But thank you for your support.

JenA

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Jen Authier
I lost Lurch about 6 years ago now and it was devastating but I kept his lost ad up for 5 years and was given Dobby that gave me another Maxi that needed me to concentrate on. I did the same about losing Lurch but slowly got better with time and the hope for him to turn up.
I agree, if you just can't function and are constantly sad try getting some help or somebody to talk to and help you sort out your feelings :bluhug:
Yes it’s been difficult with no closure and not knowing what happened. I’m hoping to let the guilt go, probably a first step. Thank you for your support.