• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Still Closed, Roof Problems

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
I thought I would give a little update on our roof .... it has been completely reroofed and looks great!! Good news is it has been raining all day and NO LEAKS inside the house!!! :) :bliss: Bad news is, it was super expensive but with any luck we will hopefully be set for the rest of our lives with our roof not leaking if nothing out of the ordinary happens!

I will be reopened come Monday on my site! It's been a long vacation time off with a lot if disappointment due to the roof.
Woooo!

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
So glad to hear that you got your roof fixed. The amount of rain we got on Saturday was crazy. Since we arent too far from each other I am guessing your new roof got a really good test.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Glad to hear you got it done Jan. A leaky roof is a great concern. I’ve been there! We have a state program for roofing grants here that people who qualify for can receive through application. We got 4,000.00 for our grant to apply to our new roof. It’s called SC Safe home. Some people have to wait when the funds run out. I applied for Homestead Exemption to get money off our property taxes ( you have to be 65 to apply) and got 170.00 off our home taxes.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Thank you everyone!! :) Ann - yes it did get a good test yesterday although while we had a little wind it wasn't causing any wind driven rain to test for leaks that way. I am confident that we'll be rain proof now! Andrea - we have our place homesteaded as well and have for years.