• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sticky Senni - help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CityGirl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Carol
I thought I'd never complain about my babies wanting to be with me, but my Pakki has gone beyond wanting to be with me!
She insists on being on me, all the time. I can't get her to stay on her play stand if I am in the same room with her... she has to be on me. I wouldn't mind except she absolutely hates my glasses and whips them off my face (she's gotten really sneaky about it), she wants to chew on my headset & microphone, too, if I'm using them. Chloe (GCC) is content to play most of the time she is out, and while she is a snuggler, she doesn't have to be with/on me constantly. I thought Sennis were a bit more "independent" ??? Any other Senni parents have this problem? If so, did you fix the situation? How?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
does she play at all? try to increase play time and foraging time by giving her more attention for doing that if she does not play with toys put a little nut butter or favorite food on them just some ideas:hug8:

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your little sennie needs to learn to play on her own. Give her lots of foraging toys and foot toys. Put her on a playstand and put new toys on it for her to see. Give her treats when she stays on her stand and praise her. Try to rotate toys often to keep your birds interest.

CityGirl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Carol
Thanks, Cynthia & Greycloud!

She has a ton of toys, and she plays wonderully while in her cage. I have tried pretty much everything except "flavoring" her toys. I will have to try that. She has foraging toys, foot toys, puzzle toys, chew toys... you name it, she has it (very spoiled fids, I have!). I love these little ones so much, and normally don't mind snuggle time, but Pakki is very stubborn and very conditional, LOL! Oh well... I have a "human" kid who is/was the same way. There's lot to say about "maturity". Maybe it'll be the same with Pakki(?).

Again, thanks, you two -- I appreciate your suggestions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.