• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Steer Clear of Breville Ovens

Veganature

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Steve
I recently reached out to Breville about their air fryer smart oven that is advertised as having a non-stick interior and when asked if their oven is PTFE of PFOA free their response was due to proprietary information they cannot disclose that information. Well, IMHO that is a load of crap not to mention code for yes but we cannot tell you that. So I'd like to share that info and have them included in the Do Not Buy List, if such a list even exists.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Thanks for the info!!!

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
That's really disappointing!

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I recently reached out to Breville about their air fryer smart oven that is advertised as having a non-stick interior and when asked if their oven is PTFE of PFOA free their response was due to proprietary information they cannot disclose that information. Well, IMHO that is a load of crap not to mention code for yes but we cannot tell you that. So I'd like to share that info and have them included in the Do Not Buy List, if such a list even exists.
Better safe than sorry.

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Mizzely can you find out if it can be added to the page:

w/ a current date?

SandraK

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Palm Coast, FL. Carioca'55 when RJ was in GB.
Real Name
Sandra
I've seen several products which do not categorically state that they are dangerous to animals/birds but have warnings about their use. I guess my personal take is that if a product has a warning about their use or if it involves a non-stick product of any kind I would prefer NOT to use it. Would it make my life easier? Probably. But the safety and life of my fids overrides making my life easier.

Second to that is a question I've posed before. If something, anything, is considered dangerous to one form of life what indicates that it is safe for any of us? I bring to mind that canaries, a century ago now (probably) were used as a "safety alarm" if there was gas in the coal mines. Some of our companion birds in this century have died similar deaths announcing that some of the products we use are deadly.

And if they are deadly to birds how would those products not affect infants, young children, other companion creatures and us adults in the long run?

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've seen several products which do not categorically state that they are dangerous to animals/birds but have warnings about their use. I guess my personal take is that if a product has a warning about their use or if it involves a non-stick product of any kind I would prefer NOT to use it. Would it make my life easier? Probably. But the safety and life of my fids overrides making my life easier.

Second to that is a question I've posed before. If something, anything, is considered dangerous to one form of life what indicates that it is safe for any of us? I bring to mind that canaries, a century ago now (probably) were used as a "safety alarm" if there was gas in the coal mines. Some of our companion birds in this century have died similar deaths announcing that some of the products we use are deadly.

And if they are deadly to birds how would those products not affect infants, young children, other companion creatures and us adults in the long run?
I agree w/ you whole heartedly. I just purchased all new bakeware to go w/ my new stove/oven. I threw out all my Tephlon or if good gave it to someone w/ the warning you stated above. But who listens to the crazy bird people?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING

My parrots may have saved part of my grandsons lungs. I said something simular to their mothers. NEVER USE A SELF CLEANING OVEN!!!!! IF IT CAN KILL MY BIRDS, WHAT IS IT DOING TO YOUR LUNGS!