• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stale pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Squeeky is so picky when it comes to his pellets being nice and fresh. He will not eat them if they are stale. I switch out his pellets 2x a day!!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
have you tried giving him less at a time?

you can freeze his leftovers and use them in birdie bread too

luvs that Squeeky :tiel:

KimKimWilliamson

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kim Williamson
Gosh, that must get expensive!!
Have you tried just giving him three or four at a time?

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Pellets don't go stale that fast :) I think he's just picky and has his people wrapped around his lil toe ;)

ever try to trick him? take the dish out like your going to give new, swirl them around and give it back

I have some that down right refuse pellets - but I never give up - they'll stay in the cage for weeks, as long as no one poops in them, and I use Zupreem Fruit blend and they still smell fruity and fresh like the day I opened the bag.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
have you tried giving him less at a time?

you can freeze his leftovers and use them in birdie bread too

luvs that Squeeky :tiel:
I have been leaving less in at a time so he gets them fresh more often. I should safe the stale ones and make him bread out of it :) Good idea.

Gosh, that must get expensive!!
Have you tried just giving him three or four at a time?
It does get pricy lol. Especially with the Harrisons :(

Pellets don't go stale that fast :) I think he's just picky and has his people wrapped around his lil toe ;)

ever try to trick him? take the dish out like your going to give new, swirl them around and give it back

I have some that down right refuse pellets - but I never give up - they'll stay in the cage for weeks, as long as no one poops in them, and I use Zupreem Fruit blend and they still smell fruity and fresh like the day I opened the bag.
He is too smart. I have tried this trick and as soon as he takes a bite he just climbs away like I am not eating that. Can we say SPOILED??? :lol:

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:hehe: ya I'd say he's just a tiny bit spoiled :D

but at least he's spoiled and still well behaved :D
Yep :D And you know what I would rather know he has plenty of food then to have him run out. That is always a fear of mine. For him to be out of food or water.

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli

Yep :D And you know what I would rather know he has plenty of food then to have him run out. That is always a fear of mine. For him to be out of food or water.
that is true of course I don't think thats a fear that would ever happen though :)

he just knows he's loved, and gets his lil birdie way :D I got a few of those here my self .. most just go with the flow and not complain. but a couple would rather complain and make us change things than to just be cooperative :rofl:

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam

that is true of course I don't think thats a fear that would ever happen though :)

he just knows he's loved, and gets his lil birdie way :D I got a few of those here my self .. most just go with the flow and not complain. but a couple would rather complain and make us change things than to just be cooperative :rofl:
Oh yes he likes getting his way. But he also knows when he is pushing with me too! Birds really are like little kids lol.

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Squeeky is so picky when it comes to his pellets being nice and fresh. He will not eat them if they are stale. I switch out his pellets 2x a day!!
It does get pricy lol. Especially with the Harrisons :(
I feel your pain about the Harrison's. I toss what's left every morning and they get fresh. I don't save them. I figure they've been out in the air and have.....air stuff on them. :hehe:

Status
Not open for further replies.