• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stainless steel bowls

Mantis64

Rollerblading along the road
Can I use stainless steel bowls for water. I read online that a lot of stainless steel comes from China and the site claims to never give your bird water in stainless steel bowls. This is not true right I recently started giving all his food and water in stainless steel.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Can you post the links for this stuff you read please? My bird has stainless bowls for water and food as it is the easiest to clean and does not degrade over time like plastic does.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have 2 with SS, one with a porcelain dish, the last is plastic, I´m not keen on the plastic one.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Can I use stainless steel bowls for water. I read online that a lot of stainless steel comes from China and the site claims to never give your bird water in stainless steel bowls. This is not true right I recently started giving all his food and water in stainless steel.
Exactly the opposite of what you've been told.

They use stainless steel for surgical instruments. It doesn't get any safer than that.

Mantis64

Guys another question about stainless steel bowls one of the ones I got it a bit damaged on the outside it's got a mark on it this doesnt make it unsafe at all does it. Also when I wash them I tend to do it with hot water I dont need to rinse them with cold water after do I. Sorry for all these silly questions this is my first time using stainless steel. Also with cemeric do you put them on the cage floor and is it the same ones people use for rabbits and guine pigs.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
It is SS??? Have you actually researched SS at all? Not the original information source you spoke about here in this thread as that could not have been fact.

Have you any idea what commercial kitchens, surgical tools, vet clinic tables, body jewelry is made from and why?

Research the different types (grades) of SS and you should find all the information you need to know to be comfortable using SS for your bird.

Mantis64

Can you post the links for this stuff you read please? My bird has stainless bowls for water and food as it is the easiest to clean and does not degrade over time like plastic does.
It wasn't really what the site says but what was said in the comments so it wasn't that reliable.

Mantis64

It is SS??? Have you actually researched SS at all? Not the original information source you spoke about here in this thread as that could not have been fact.

Have you any idea what commercial kitchens, surgical tools, vet clinic tables, body jewelry is made from and why?

Research the different types (grades) of SS and you should find all the information you need to know to be comfortable using SS for your bird.
Yes its stainless steel, I now know its the best to use for birds as bacteria cant stick to it easily and is easier to clean. Thanks for all this info.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Yes its stainless steel, I now know its the best to use for birds as bacteria cant stick to it easily and is easier to clean. Thanks for all this info.
Did you read some stuff about the differences between the SS grades? It is actually not only helpful and informative but it is fairly interesting and makes choosing bird supplies so much easier when you have some understanding of SS.