• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Stainess Steel Cage prices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kia

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jennylyn
I need a stainess steel cage for my cockatoo so he can spend time with us out on our back patio. It has to be stainless steel to stand up to weather conditions as it wil stay on the patio al year round. Who has the best deals on stainless stee cages for those of you that have purchased one? I am looking for a non-playtop one, maybe dome at the top? Wanting the best deal possible...Thanks :)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Stainless does not always mean rustproof. I don't know if I would spring for the big $$$$ for stainless.

Ginger

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I don't know:) If I would,after hearing about some have rusted after 2 years They say to make sure they are hospital grade SS but still not sure

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
There are only a few cage companies that guarantee their cages against rust, workmanship, and welds for a lifetime. They are Freedom Cage and Northwest Cages. They are both two of the most expensive cage companies out there, most of their SS cages start at minimum $2,000 but probably closer to $3,000+ for a cage appropriate for a cockatoo.

The least expensive SS cage companies are probably Featherland and A&E, but they explicitly state that their warranties do not cover rust and I believe only cover 2 years... King's is somewhere in between in terms of cost but states that their cages will not rust, however their warranty does not always cover workmanship / welds.

Lobby

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Mark Hogan
I have to admit that a Freedom Stainless Steel cage is high on my wish list for Goofy. Originally I had thought as long as there was no zinc/lead problems with a fid I wouldn't buy a ss cage but Goofy is so hard on cages that having a lifetime warranty sounds so appealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.