• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SS Cage

BeanieofJustice

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
So... very excited. Just got a great deal off of CL on a stainless steel kings cage!!
Mom saw it and sent the ad to me yesterday!!
Sam chews on his cage and it drives me crazy—and worries me—and now I won’t have to worry about that anymore.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow! How excellent for you.

I’d love a SS cage but can only find one place that has them and they’re about 5k!

Congratulations on your good score :)
Can’t wait to see pics.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
That's awesome! I need to do this eventually for Slade since he likes to chew his bars when he doesn't think any of his toys are worth using at the time.
Thanks!! Yeah, same thing with Sam. Keep an eye out and one might pop up! I certainly wasn't expecting to find it.

Wow! How excellent for you.

I’d love a SS cage but can only find one place that has them and they’re about 5k!

Congratulations on your good score :)
Can’t wait to see pics.

Thank you!! :D And oof, wow :eek: that's a lot. This cage new is just under 4k. I couldn't have afforded it new, that's for sure.
OOOOOOOH!!!! LUCKY Sam!!! :dance4::dance4::dance4: Kobe is the only one lucky enough to have a SS cage here. Sadly the the UK stopped importing them after I bought Kobe's maybe 12 years ago.
Thank you!! :D I've wanted one for him for a long time. Won't chew on those big toys but man he chews on his cage :grumpy: Oh really? I wonder why they stopped. That's too bad, good that you got one at least!

I am over the moon about this cage. Beginning of this week, I NEVER would have thought I'd have a SS cage :D
The people I got it from had a baby Hyacinth and she let me hold her, the bird cuddled with me, she was a doll but man that beak and those feet were HUGE!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Congrats! ♥
I can understand the joy. That is also what I like most, to buy things to them that you know is good for them.
One day I will also have a big ss cage (with divider) for my girls. :)

And congrats for interaction with that baby Hy.
That is one thing I really want to do.

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
It's a beauty, TY for sharing! Can't wait to see it set up.
Thank you!! :D

Congrats! ♥
I can understand the joy. That is also what I like most, to buy things to them that you know is good for them.
One day I will also have a big ss cage (with divider) for my girls. :)

And congrats for interaction with that baby Hy.
That is one thing I really want to do.

I spend more money and time taking care of them than I do myself. And it makes me happy. I'm sure your girls will love that!
Thank you! I'd never expected to hold one, it was a pretty awesome experience.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Nice! My bar chewers are the male conures. I'd like stainless steel for them too. I'll need to win a lottery!

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
Nice! My bar chewers are the male conures. I'd like stainless steel for them too. I'll need to win a lottery!
I hear that... I got lucky. It's amazing, like their beaks are magnetically drawn to the bars!

Great that you found one on CL. Any cage I find is not worth purchasing or is being sold by someone who stocks and sells cages.
Yeah, that's usually how it is here too. I think it's only the second one I've seen on CL. The first cage I got for Sam was a good CL find. My mom found it because she works from home she has time to look through CL. I usually don't have time to look.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I understand this excitement! I got my King's Aluminum cage for $200 on Craigslist several years ago now. I felt like I had won the lottery! Congrats :)

BeanieofJustice

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Steph
This is my dream for my lorikeets! Awesome find!
Thank you!!
:shocked2: What a find! Congratulations! :giveme5:
Thank you!! :D

Congratulations.
Thank you!

I understand this excitement! I got my King's Aluminum cage for $200 on Craigslist several years ago now. I felt like I had won the lottery! Congrats :)
That's awesome! It's those kind of things that make me appreciate Craigslist. And thank you!