• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Squinty (Swollen?) Eyes

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
So Charlie hasn't sneezed since yesterday... but this morning I found him with squinty eyes :( They aren't red and there is no discharge but this isn't normal... It's starting to look like allergies to me, but I'm afraid it may be something else... I'm really worried...
933B9B32-BEA5-44A0-BE2D-39EC945D2FC6.jpeg
I gave him a misting and hung out with him in the bathroom with a hot shower running in case it was the house that wasn't humid enough. His poop is fine and I have seen him eating and playing but he does seem a little tired... My mom agreed to take him to the vet thursday morning if it doesn't get better, I just had to leave for a few days and she is alone with him. Did this ever happen to your birds? Should I be worried or am I worrying too much? :( Poor baby...

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
As long as the eyes are bright and clear, squinting is normal.

Take him to your vet, you will sleep better.
Thank you for your reply! I've never seen him squint almost permanently so this is why I was pretty shocked... Glad to hear it's not "too abnormal" though, but yes, I will take him to the vet asap so I can sleep better x)

Last edited:

lillie

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
no advice to add other than I think he's okay... and he's AB-SO-LUTELY adorable! i used to have a 'tiel wth the exact same mutation?

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
no advice to add other than I think he's okay... and he's AB-SO-LUTELY adorable! i used to have a 'tiel wth the exact same mutation?
Thank you for your input! I really hope he is, at least it doesn't seem to be anything too serious, I'm impatient to hear what the vet thinks. And aww he's adorable indeed!! I'm very lucky to have him :) He is a male white face pearl! (only 4 months old, this is why he still has a lot of pearls)

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
Thank you for your input! I really hope he is, at least it doesn't seem to be anything too serious, I'm impatient to hear what the vet thinks. And aww he's adorable indeed!! I'm very lucky to have him :) He is a male white face pearl! (only 4 months old, this is why he still has a lot of pearls)
oops! i knew it was the same mutation.. i dont know why i put a question mark lol

heres a photo of my girl.. wish I still had her :(

her with her boyfriend

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
in the photo he kinda looks like a cinnamon wf pearl! could just be the lighting, though :)

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
oops! i knew it was the same mutation.. i dont know why i put a question mark lol

heres a photo of my girl.. wish I still had her :(

It's okay haha!! They are both adorableee :heart: I'm so sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

lillie

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
lillie
It's okay haha!! They are both adorableee :heart: I'm so sorry for your loss :sadhug2:

ah, she didn't pass away, but I did end up rehoming her (with her boyfriend, of course, and made sure she went to a good home!) over a year ago because I fell into a depression and felt I couldn't handle taking care of 3 birds at the time. I feel it was the right thing to do at the time, but if I could have her back, I'd do it in a heart beat!

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
ah, she didn't pass away, but I did end up rehoming her (with her boyfriend, of course, and made sure she went to a good home!) over a year ago because I fell into a depression and felt I couldn't handle taking care of 3 birds at the time. I feel it was the right thing to do at the time, but if I could have her back, I'd do it in a heart beat!

Ohhhh I understand!! Sorry for assuming

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie
I would make appointment with the vet.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He’s so cute, squinty eyes and all! I’m glad you’re taking him to the vet, even just to ease your mind. Keep us posted!

charlieboy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Steph
Got news from my mom - Charlie almost completely stopped squinting, his eyes are wide open like normal about 80% of the time now! Tomorrow morning she will decide if she is going to bring him to the vet thursday morning (I wish I was there to decide instead, but she is the one monitoring his symptoms as I'm away so...), if not it will be asap next week to get knowing and for his checkup, thank you guys <3 I'll keep you updated indeed! :) @Tiel Feathers