• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Squeaking when chewing on things?

ellbell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ella
Winnie is squeaking when he’s chewing on things he likes to play with like fake leaves and sparkly things is he ok? It sounds like an out of breath squeak and it’s quite quiet, what’s happening?

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Maybe he’s just excited, but maybe you can get a video?

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Oh maybe he is, he does love chewing on those things, I thought he was trying to mate with it oops
Well that’s possible too, so a video would be good. He sounds like a silly little guy!

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
My cockatiel sometimes also makes excited noises when she's having a lot of fun with toys, so it doesn't seem like anything to be concerned about.

ellbell

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Ella
Well that’s possible too, so a video would be good. He sounds like a silly little guy!
He was doing it again it’s more of a hissing sound I think he’s just stressed that I’m holding him, he dosent like to be touched he likes to do his own thing

Tiel Feathers

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
He was doing it again it’s more of a hissing sound I think he’s just stressed that I’m holding him, he dosent like to be touched he likes to do his own thing
I think it’s very important that if he doesn’t like to be touched, then you respect that and keep your hands away. Eventually he might start biting you, which can easily become a habit, and he’ll trust you more if you respect his boundaries. Try to figure out a way to make everything his choice, and don’t force him to do anything and you’ll have a stronger bond.