• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

sprinklers and my conure

Liukuei

Moving in
Real Name
JF Tremblay
I have a rescue conure that suddenly appeared at a colleague's window and is now under my care for the past 6 months. He keeps exploring my home and now likes to perch on the fire sprinklers near the ceiling. Then he bites into them. Can a conure start a sprinkler? It would cause much water damage and I would moreover be evicted for flouting the pet policy. Thanks.

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Have you looked for his owner? A conure isn't naturally tame.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
A conure could start a sprinkler depending on the type of sprinkler as well as you getting evicted i wouldnt know how much damage the high pressure water would do to the bird.

Liukuei

Moving in
Real Name
JF Tremblay
Have you looked for his owner? A conure isn't naturally tame.
I live in Shenzhen, a city of about 20 million. But I'm not Chinese. I really have no idea how to look for his owner. But I'll ask a Chinese colleague. Originally another colleague brought the conure to me because I have cockatiels. I did think that someone is broken hearted.

Liukuei

Moving in
Real Name
JF Tremblay
A conure could start a sprinkler depending on the type of sprinkler as well as you getting evicted i wouldnt know how much damage the high pressure water would do to the bird.
Ok thanks. I'll invite an engineer over. I know many. I didn't expect this. I thought only heat activates sprinklers.

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
I live in Shenzhen, a city of about 20 million. But I'm not Chinese. I really have no idea how to look for his owner. But I'll ask a Chinese colleague. Originally another colleague brought the conure to me because I have cockatiels. I did think that someone is broken hearted.
Perhaps put up some posters with a photo of him on it, and use an online translator to put "Found Bird" into the language spoken there, and your Number.
Best of luck :)