• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Spring mix

Jisoo

Sprinting down the street
is this spring mix safe for birds? here are the ingredients:
organic baby lettuces (lollo rosa, tango, read and green oak, read and green butter. organic baby greens (tatsoi, mizuna, red and green chard, red and green mustard, frisee arugula or racchico or kale.

BirdLady13

To be honest I've never heard of some of those but what I can tell you is as far as lettuce goes Arugula (rocket), Butter, Green Leaf, Red Leaf, and Romaine are all safe. Avoid iceberg. And as for leafy greens kale, collared greens, and Swiss chard are safe.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
As long as it's not processed, or anything added in production (like preservatives) all that is safe.
Some lettuce (like iceburg) doesn't have much nutritional value, others like kale and collard greens do.

You'd have to research (I'm no help there) each individual type to find the nutritional values.

Your spring mix sounds much better than my spring mix! Jealous.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
You can definitely offer that. I love the Organic Girl brand, triple washed but I still rinse here with ACV even for us.

Jisoo

okay thank you. the package says no romaine and there's no iceberg in there too.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Love My Zons

details on the AVC prep, please. I’m always worrying about listeriosis since the outbreaks from produce coming up from Mexico.

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
@Love My Zons

details on the AVC prep, please. I’m always worrying about listeriosis since the outbreaks from produce coming up from Mexico.
I soak them in water and apple cider vinegar about 10 mins, rinse, pat dry and serve.