• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Spring Migrants?

TheFatBIRB

Walking the driveway
Real Name
David
Just curious what spring migrants are you guys are seeing? I've seen an Orange-crowned Warbler, Willow Flycatcher, Turkey Vulture, Red-winged blackbird, and black-chinned hummingbirds.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Robins
Cedar wax wings
A painted bunting just arrived, sometimes the breed and best in my yard
Just saw a northern parula they come back from Mexico south America and will stay sbd breed here
Possibly saw a goldfinch
A few months ago saw a snow goose

Last edited:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Robin's are everywhere here right now. A lot of species I see pretty year-round - Sparrows, house finches, nut hatches, tits, chickadees, bluebirds... The turkey vultures are also here year round too. I did see a ruby crowned kinglet in very very early spring, but I haven't seen him since I think.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I saw 3 male painted buntings st the same time in my yard! 2 at the feeder inst the bath!! I've never had 3 males st the same time before,!!! So I'm thinking this is a migration pit stop. No females.

I found out s cool thing is western migration is timed fir them to stop in Mexico and molt before moving on.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
I saw a great crested flycatcher today!
I've heard them today!
I have a large nest box on a 18 foot pole, I e had a pair nest there for the last five years it so! It was the first time I had ever seen them .
They actually use a snake skin in every nest! I saw them carry one in! There was a Cornell university study bieing done in them useing snakeskin in nest. Wanting to find out what kind of snakes and d to figure out why they did this ! Thinking it helps keep other snakes out. I was able to share pictures of them carry it. But I was unable to look into nest to see where they place it or determine the species of snake. But was very interesting!!

Ooo other birds fo to

Last edited:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I’ve only seen Canada Geese. :)

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue