• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Spring brings bunnies!

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
In the past years, we've had little bunny litters in the backyard. Behind clumps of grass, in the blackberry patch, under wood close to the fireplace. Last year we had 7 babies at least, and today I found clumps of bunny fur, can't find the litter though. I'll have to be super careful mowing the lawn! I don't know why they decide to settle in my yard, I guess all the people scare off predators here and the woods nearby have too many pet cats that roam about. Looking forward to seeing baby bunnies hopping around again!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
How lovely to have bunnies in the garden :swoon: You will have to try snag a video clip when you spot them :D

Gigibirds

Oh lovely!! Yesterday I saw a real live 'Easter Bunny'! (you know, because it was Easter yesterday, and I saw this lil' guy for the first time....) It was SO TINY; literally the size of those Lindt chocolate bunnies (the small ones). It was so adorably tiny and cute - I don't know how I restrained myself from sprinting outside and trying to give it a hug!! Please share pics of the bunnies if you find them! I loveeeee to see the little guys :)

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I remember last year around springtime we had so many little bunnies, the babies with their big eyes hopping around beside our house. It's really not a good place for them, the road being so close. I hope these little guys find their way away from the street!

I don't know why it never occurred to me to get pictures. I'll get some if I find the kits!

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
I hope we get pics soon because baby bunnies are adorable. :)

I remember when my female cat caught a baby bunny and laid it proudly on top of my bare feet. And no, she did not harm the bunny in any way, I would not be sharing this story if she did. I put the little fellow in a cardboard box and took him over to my vet, where he was put into solitude with many other baby bunnies. He was kept there for two weeks and then released with the others to begin his true bunny life.
It was a bunny miracle.