• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Spoke too soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
It's so disappointing! I did nothing different today, and she's been out all day so it's not like she's bored. IDK.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Aww poor baby. Well, consider it progress. She let some feathers grow in. Maybe keep doing what you are doing, and see if maybe there was some unknown stressor that was out of your control that caused her to pluck? Only thing I can think of.

Bambino

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Melissa
All in one day:0
I'm so sorry but she still looks just as cute as ever:)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor baby! I'm sure you are very frustrated and concerned. Do you use Avicalm or Featheriffic? I've heard people have great results.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
I'm sorry Allison :(

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Oh no I am so sorry

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Im so sorry to hear this :(

Hey Allison, is Harper fully flighted?

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Allison,

Did you read that Jenn started giving Reggie granola and he has begun to let his feathers grow in? She's thinking maybe he didn't get enough fat in his diet. I would try a little bit to see if it helps her.

Ginger

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I'm sorry as I know you're disappointed.
I don't know all the details, and I'm no expert, but if she acts happy and all, try not to stress over it. It's possible that it could just be a habit that she has trouble breaking, and it may not necessarily mean that something is wrong. I was just thinking about a friend who couldn't stop chewing his finger nails. He would bite them off so deep, his finger tips would bleed! Well, it originated as a stress problem, but then he was all over all that, but then it was just an ingrained habit. He would be the first to tell you he's very happy and nothing is wrong, but he still can't stop biting his nails. So maybe it's a similar case. I'm sure it's a lot harder on you than it is on Harper! So don't despair too much. :hug8:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Allison,

Did you read that Jenn started giving Reggie granola and he has begun to let his feathers grow in? She's thinking maybe he didn't get enough fat in his diet. I would try a little bit to see if it helps her.

Ginger
I can start giving her some granola for sure. I have also been putting some Palm Oil on her dry food which is higher in fat. I do have to be careful not to give her too much though because i wouldn't want to damage her liver or kidneys.

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
I'm sorry as I know you're disappointed.
I don't know all the details, and I'm no expert, but if she acts happy and all, try not to stress over it. It's possible that it could just be a habit that she has trouble breaking, and it may not necessarily mean that something is wrong. I was just thinking about a friend who couldn't stop chewing his finger nails. He would bite them off so deep, his finger tips would bleed! Well, it originated as a stress problem, but then he was all over all that, but then it was just an ingrained habit. He would be the first to tell you he's very happy and nothing is wrong, but he still can't stop biting his nails. So maybe it's a similar case. I'm sure it's a lot harder on you than it is on Harper! So don't despair too much. :hug8:
I'm trying to believe that she is happy. It's hard seeing her not being able to fly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.