• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Spoiled brat 'too...

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Cockatoos love corn.
Today, I had corn on the cob, and gave Milton a small piece of it.
He took it, looked at it, said "NO"... and let it fall to the floor.
After a dessert of chocolate pudding ( a definite no-no) he has turned his back on me...for the last half hour.
Good...he's quiet...and not bothering me.
This is DAD he's fooling with... :yes4:

The_Mayor

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martha
Hah!

Esme does that. We're transitioning to a new food regimen (not calling it a diet) and all of a sudden they're both much more interested in food (not calling it hungry) than they used to be.

She'll take a millet berry, eat about half of it, and then drop it onto the floor. And then she looks at me like, "I'm out of food. You need to do something about this."

On the one hand, this makes training easier, since she's not exactly filling up. She's getting lots of practice in taking food from me. On the other hand, there's a definite element of, "well, if you're starving, maybe you should plant less of your millet and eat more of it."

Birds, man.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
''Toos are notoriously picky eaters. Sometimes they're gluttons...and then it seems like they aren't eating much of anything!
Both Cassie and Milton did, and do this sort of thing. I have learned to deal with the situation....because I am a Cockatoo slave... :whip2: