• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sphere bird swing

DesertBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Does anyone know where I can get a swing like this small enough for budgies? The ones I saw on amazon were all too big,

1614462804049.png

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Those are orbits. Not sure on the size for budgies but I always used an 8” one for my smaller conure. Not sure if they make them smaller than that, but I’m sure our vendors will be around with more knowledge!

Only store I can think to tag with them is Oliver’s Garden

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

NorthernGannet

Sprinting down the street
I made my own for my linnies! Bought two wooden craft rings from Michael's, pick whatever size you want. I chose 10", then put together and wrapped with seagrass rope I bought off Amazon. Finished price for 2 of them was about $6.xx each, and my birds love them. Pics of one with linnies on it and the other my parrotlet. I used this video as my guide. diy orbiter

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
You'd be surprised how much use your small bird would get on a "too big" orbit/atom/sphere. I've always ordered larger than my bird needs to make it a more expansive area for them. Plus, larger is a bit more steady so they tend to not be as afraid of it as smaller ones can really sway unless they have a counterweight!

Here is my green cheek on a MPBT atom (sadly no longer in business)

FB_IMG_1614546088323.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I made my own for my linnies! Bought two wooden craft rings from Michael's, pick whatever size you want. I chose 10", then put together and wrapped with seagrass rope I bought off Amazon. Finished price for 2 of them was about $6.xx each, and my birds love them. Pics of one with linnies on it and the other my parrotlet. I used this video as my guide. diy orbiter
GREAT JOB!

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would be able to make one with 2 rings. My oddballs have 3 rings but it's a little too tight for 6" ones.
Thank you, that's very nice. But I really like doing diy projects so I think I'll try making one first. If I totally fail though, I'll be sure to take you up on your offer!

DesertBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thanks, I'll check out this tutorial.