• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Speckles the zebra finch has left the building...

Trogdora

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen G.
I didn't expect I would be making a thread here so soon. :sad1: It's only been 11 weeks since my parrotlet passed away, but this morning I found another member of the flock had left us as well.

Speckles the zebra finch would have been 10 this year, which is pretty old for a zebra finch I think. He was hatched here at my house while I was bird-sitting his parents, who the owners thought were two females. (Oops.) I wound up adopting him and his two brothers, both of whom have already passed away. He certainly lived every day to its fullest, making as much noise and mess as possible. He loved bouncing up and down on his slinky, ringing bells, eating anything and everything I put in front of him, and singing loudly at all hours of the day and night.

Of course Speckles didn't like cameras, so I don't have many pictures of the little guy. Here's an oldie but a goodie, back when he and his brothers had just fledged. He's the handsome little guy in the back.

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m so very sorry for your loss of Speckles.
It sounds like he had a nice, happy long life with you.
:sadhug2:

Sookitiel

Meeting neighbors
I am extremely sorry for you loss Jen. I’m sure they were taken care of very well. Wish you luck

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I am sorry for your loss.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m very sorry for your loss.

Trogdora

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen G.
Thank you everyone. :sadhug2: It's pretty quiet without his constant commentary and song battles with the canary. I also realized this morning that this is the first time since 2003 I haven't have a zebra finch. Hopefully another one will find me again someday.

Jogging around the block
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: He had a wonderful, happy and long life with you, 10 is a good age for a zebra finch.

Trogdora

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jen G.
I'm so sorry for your loss :sorrow: He had a wonderful, happy and long life with you, 10 is a good age for a zebra finch.
Thank you, he was a great little guy. I was lucky to have him for so long.

Quailer2

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mathis Michel
Sorry for your loss...:unsure1::bluhug: