• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Special Foods

metalstitcher

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
Do any of you have any special foods or treats that you are giving your birds now that they are getting older or are they staying on the same diet plan?

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
better diet was on all seed diet now pellets

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I've switched Sunny from regular cockatiel nutriberries to senior nutriberries. There doesn't seem to be a lot of food out there specifically for senior birds. He also is on probiotics.

metalstitcher

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rhiana
i am trying to get mine on sprouts lol wish me luck. i am just having a hard tim figuring out the whole sprouts thing in general but my mind it just all over the place lately.

Smbrds

Real Name
Shawn
I agree there doesn't seem to be senior specific foods. Well, for the first 10 years I've fed Baby a seed mix + fresh, cooked bread, whole wheat bread, rice, pasta, etc. I still feed the same fresh foods. I think one of the most important things I can feed him now as he's getting older, is veggies. I really wish I introduced them when I first got him in 2002. Around 2013 I switched to pellets, until finally a good quality seed mix. Now, he gets a mixture of seeds and pellets. I've heard conflicting stories about pellets and seeds, so I just feed him both. I think a probiotic is something to look into.

Another thing these days, is just ensuring the foods he eats are easier for him.