• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Sparrows slowly driving me insane

Jogging around the block
Our pigeons food appeals to the sparrows very much. There's over two dozen of them around so not much left when the pigeons get to it. I have to hand feed the pigeons to make sure they're getting all the different foods they need and it's tedious. Only thing that works so far is having food that the sparrows cannot swallow (literally just maize and peas..) but I have just ordered a huge bag of food that was advertised bigger than it truly was. $80 plus shipping I'd prefer not to go to waste. Sparrows love it.
They're free ranged all the time so can't get them to eat inside.
I have tried letting the sparrows have no food from there from months on end but they still stick around and check the bowl. Yes they were here before they ever discovered the food source, they live of the land naturally quite well here but obviously they'll take the easy option if it's available.
I'm okay with it if I have to keep hand feeding but I'd love the sparrows to just not eat it if it's possible. Any ideas?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Try a bird table with a cheap canary mix on somewhere else for the sparrows?

I get flocks of sparrows here on my balcony looking for food, but I don´t mind throwing down some extra seed for them.

Jogging around the block
Try a bird table with a cheap canary mix on somewhere else for the sparrows?

I get flocks of sparrows here on my balcony looking for food, but I don´t mind throwing down some extra seed for them.
I'll try that, thankyou!
I like the sparrows, I just need my pigeons to eat too :lol: