• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Sparky crashed into a wall (Not a true emergency, I'm just a bit worried)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky04

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
Sparky got scared and flew around the house and she came back downstairs and crashed glanced a wall. For a few seconds after, she was disoriented and wobbly. :( I held her and she seems to be better now, she's acting pretty normal, but I'm still a bit worried. What signs should I look for that something is seriously wrong.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Poor Sparky.:( The first 24 to 48 hours are the most critical. Just keep him warm and hydrated. Watch for any unsteady behavior. I hope he is ok.:hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
keep him warm and give him lots of water...make sure that he is not breathing funny..first sign of rasping or wheezing, off to the vet

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Hi Kiersten, I'm sorry Sparky had a collision. What I always look for for a few hours afterward is head tilting that doesn't straighten up, eye pinning that stays too long and severe tiredness beyond the norm. If it was a bad hit she will get quiet because her body just had a big shock. You know your faby so watch for any severe change in her activity and personality. Try and relax though so you don't see things that aren't really there which is hard to do sometimes because we are worried. :hug8:

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
She's preening and making her normal chirpy noises, I think that's a good sign. I gave her some veggies in a small container of water, trying to encourage her to drink...

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh dear,I hope she will be alright.

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
I think Sparky is fine. She's acting perfectly normal and shows no signs of distress. She's doing everything she normally does. I think she was just a bit discombobulated for a second after she hit the wall. I just freaked out though when I saw her stumbling and wobbly. That's a bit how Wes looked seconds before he died. I couldn't help but think of that. But he was a lot worse, Sparky was just a bit wobbly. Thank you to everyone.

SkyBaby

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kira
That's great!!! Still keep an eye on her, but Sparky sounds fine!!

Sparky04

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kiersten
That's great!!! Still keep an eye on her, but Sparky sounds fine!!
It was getting late, so I had to put her to bed, but I'll check on her a few times at night, just to be safe.

penguin

Avenue Veteran
If she's prone to frights, be careful when checking on her; listen for a possible fright tonight too.

chompie_puppy

Celebirdy of the Month
I'm glad it looks like Sparky will be fine!

Just a note to all: Never keep your bird warm if it has crashed into something. With head injuries heat should not be applied as this can speed up or worsen the condition.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
I hope Sparky is OK today:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.