• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Southern NH, northern MA Clicker Class?

Status
Not open for further replies.

redmoss

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Claudia
At the end of dog training class, the instructor mentioned that a couple of 35 year old Amazons entered the shelter in case any of us knew bird people. (I'll post them in Rehome Highway once they're listed on Petfinder.)

Well, she and I talked for at least a half an hour about birds; she just adopted a 3 month old cockatiel. She then said they're seriously thinking about offering a bird training class.

I'd be attendee number 3 and they need 4 to hold a session. But, I've been thinking that maybe the risk of exposing my birds to others outweighs the positive social interactions. Or am I being overly paranoid?

GreyGirl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Taylor
I did a clicker class with Averi. All of the birds in the class were required to have had a full exam by an avian vet within six months. While that's not a full proof method, it put my mind at ease a bit and I found the class to be well worth it. If you really fear you may be exposing your bird to something I wouldn't risk it though. The instructor running my class is also my avian vet so I felt comfortable within her setting and expertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.