• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Source of Mystery Toy solved!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Elvis is strangely picky about toys. So, I tend to keep a toy stash for him because it's often hit or miss what he'll like. I put a new toy in his cage yesterday, and he really likes it. Unfortunately, I had no idea where I bought it- and once I find a toy he likes, I usually like to keep another one or two on hand. Anyway, today I was browsing Seriously Nutz's (@Macawnutz ) website to get some ideas of what I am going to buy since I had the good luck to be the contest winner. And guess what I saw? The toy that I just gave Elvis! :D Mystery solved! Guess Elvis is going to be getting another Junk in the Trunk in the near future. :)

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I try to keep a few favorite toys in stock as well, as many are getting hard to find or no longer made. I should have made a list years ago, with pics, where I got toys, who made them, etc., as many I have are now 20 years old. Companies long out of business. Of course JaKhu (B&G Macaw, aka JaKhu the Destroyer) could care less what any toy is like. All she wants to do it destroy them as fast as she can. The large set of Goofy links she has, which were JaJaBinks for many years, are now looking like a Rottweiler knawed on them. I've searched high & low & cannot find them in large anymore.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I try to keep a few favorite toys in stock as well, as many are getting hard to find or no longer made. I should have made a list years ago, with pics, where I got toys, who made them, etc., as many I have are now 20 years old. Companies long out of business. Of course JaKhu (B&G Macaw, aka JaKhu the Destroyer) could care less what any toy is like. All she wants to do it destroy them as fast as she can. The large set of Goofy links she has, which were JaJaBinks for many years, are now looking like a Rottweiler knawed on them. I've searched high & low & cannot find them in large anymore.
What do they look like?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Elvis has junk in the trunk? :laughin: Oh my.

In all seriousness though I have a new toy that I can not keep in stock because all the picky birds are drawn to it. Check out puzzling pieces before you finalize your order. If Elvis likes junk in the truck the 3/8" version should be pretty good for him. Take a look and see if you think he might like it.

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Junk int he trunk...Oh, I have to see this...Penny is not a wood chewer though... :embarassed:

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What do they look like?
These are the original Goofy Links. You can still find them for small birds, but not large birds. I also have/had other link toys I got at Parrot fairs years ago, that are different shapes, like hearts, shamrocks, 3 D orbs, etc. Can't find them either.
1635479480012.png

Another toy/part I can not find is this one: Pretty sure it was called Tug-a-long or something like that. All 3 of my birds have these toys.
100-0061_IMGParrot Toy2.jpg

It has these saucer type bead things on the ends of the chains. There is a bar that slides in the center, thru a link in the end of the chain. The bar fits so tight you need pliers to push/pull it out. After years of hanging from it, swinging, beating up this toy one of the saucer beads broke. It also wore thru where the chain goes thru the white rod center & the chain fell out. I looked every where & finally had a local plastic company make me a few white rods/holes & cut me pieces of blue colored rod to use as bottom beads, but they didn't have the center bar. I just use a quick link on the end of the chain. I would love to find these saucer/bead parts in different sizes. So far I haven't found out what they really call them or who makes them. Maybe someone with a 3d printer could make them, but I have no idea.
IMG_7822Bead.jpg

Many of the Bells Plastic acrylic toys I bought years ago are no longer made and/or you can't find them. Many of the old time vendors & parrot toy companies are long gone now that made heavy duty toys that would last for years.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
These are the original Goofy Links. You can still find them for small birds, but not large birds. I also have/had other link toys I got at Parrot fairs years ago, that are different shapes, like hearts, shamrocks, 3 D orbs, etc. Can't find them either.
View attachment 395442

Another toy/part I can not find is this one: Pretty sure it was called Tug-a-long or something like that. All 3 of my birds have these toys.
View attachment 395443

It has these saucer type bead things on the ends of the chains. There is a bar that slides in the center, thru a link in the end of the chain. The bar fits so tight you need pliers to push/pull it out. After years of hanging from it, swinging, beating up this toy one of the saucer beads broke. It also wore thru where the chain goes thru the white rod center & the chain fell out. I looked every where & finally had a local plastic company make me a few white rods/holes & cut me pieces of blue colored rod to use as bottom beads, but they didn't have the center bar. I just use a quick link on the end of the chain. I would love to find these saucer/bead parts in different sizes. So far I haven't found out what they really call them or who makes them. Maybe someone with a 3d printer could make them, but I have no idea.
View attachment 395444

Many of the Bells Plastic acrylic toys I bought years ago are no longer made and/or you can't find them. Many of the old time vendors & parrot toy companies are long gone now that made heavy duty toys that would last for years.
I have links that are similar to that that I found on Amazon. I will look to see if I can find them.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

In all seriousness though I have a new toy that I can not keep in stock because all the picky birds are drawn to it. Check out puzzling pieces before you finalize your order. If Elvis likes junk in the truck the 3/8" version should be pretty good for him. Take a look and see if you think he might like it.
Thanks. I will check it out! He doesn't like toys that are bigger than him. The little chicken. So he likes toys usually that are long instead of wide.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

OMG Zazu(RIP) and Tobias swear by this toy! It was an instant hit with both of them,I can’t gush enough about how epic this toy is! Seriously you won’t regret getting for Elvis or anyone else who’s seeing this post! :heart: