• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

SOS! cockatiel sleeping while leaning forward

hellopearl

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi! My cockatiel, Pearl, is 8 years old, and I came home 2days ago to what seems like a sprained left foot, he was limping and putting weight on just his right foot. So I removed his perch and tried to keep him warm and let him rest his foot as much as possible.

The past 2 days his foot has definitely improved, he can step up and walk properly and he’s still eating and playing like usual. But there are also times where I’ll find him kinda all fluffed out and tired. And the way that he’s standing is just different. He likes sleeping on my leg with his head turned and buried in his feathers but today he was almost bending forward while sleeping (and it feels like he might tip over while sleeping). It feels like he’s not sleeping at night because he seems more tired than usual.

I’m planning on taking him to a vet but I was wondering if anyone could please help me in the mean time, he is walking and stepping up just fine but is displaying signs of lethargy. Any advice or idea on what might going would be would be very very much appreciated!! Thank you!

Attachments

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Sorry he’s not feeling well. I don’t think anyone can guide you on this except to say to keep him warm and quiet until you can get to the vet. When birds start acting like this they are quite sick, so you need to get to a vet that has experience with birds today. I hope he’ll be okay!