• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Soon to be new Sennie on the block

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocabird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
dawn
Thursday night, I'll be driving down to the Philly airport to pick up my new guy. He's a 4 month old Senegal that has already made a rep for himself as a nipper. I'm looking forward to him getting here and think that little assertive attitude will be great for clicker training! I was wondering if there was anyone else whose clicker trained their Poi?

4myparrots

Walking the driveway
I have been using clicker training with my dogs for competative obedience and agility. Love it :dancing:

I played a little with my Hahn's and getting him to wave. He seemed to pick it up quickly.

I really should work with my Red Belly too.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Thursday night, I'll be driving down to the Philly airport to pick up my new guy. He's a 4 month old Senegal that has already made a rep for himself as a nipper. I'm looking forward to him getting here and think that little assertive attitude will be great for clicker training! I was wondering if there was anyone else whose clicker trained their Poi?

Congratulations! Clicker training works with all species of animals including birds. Feel free to come and join our clicker training class in the Training area. We are just starting so you can join in if you like:)

rocabird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
dawn
I've gone through the posts in the clicker training class already so I'll be ready to join in as soon as he gets here and gets settled for a few days. I've been clicker training my dogs for over 10 years (got hooked on it after my dog club sponsored Leslie Nelson and Patty Ruzzo seminars) and have done a little work with one of my ferrets and my rabbit so it'll be fun to work with a parrot.

I really should work with my other birds and probably will eventually. If only I could spend all day with them, darn job. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.