• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Sometimes I swear Echo thinks he's a dog!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I dunno what it is about bottles but sometimes Echo insist on attacking them. I use to discourage this behaviour because sometimes he would get waaaaay too violent with them. But now I figure it's good exercise and thankfully he's good about calming down afterwards and is generally good about not biting you if you happen to get in the way :)

Last edited:

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
He's a cutie and really isn't getting all that rough with it. If you want to drive him stark raving mad, put some colored pasta in the bottle and put the cap on very tight.

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
He's a cutie and really isn't getting all that rough with it. If you want to drive him stark raving mad, put some colored pasta in the bottle and put the cap on very tight.
:rofl: I'm not sure how he'd react to that!! He is however quite capable of taking off caps!! They're just soft plastic so he just chews and break them.He probably want get out all the pasta after that :hehe:

He's actually alot better with bottles now since I started letting him play with them. Before when they were forbidden if he got a hold of one you had to be really careful or you'd get a pretty decent bite. We now have a pretty good understanding, he's allowed to play with them as long as he doesn't intentionally bite me :roflmao:;)

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
:laughing6: Is that like Milty @cassiesdad?
That is EXACTLY what Milton looks like when we play "Fetch (and kill) the bottle!"
Milton will bring the bottle over to me...then yank it away at the last second. :wtf:
He's actually alot better with bottles now since I started letting him play with them. Before when they were forbidden if he got a hold of one you had to be really careful or you'd get a pretty decent bite. We now have a pretty good understanding, he's allowed to play with them as long as he doesn't intentionally bite me :roflmao:;)
Again, Milty and I have the same type of agreement...;)

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Great exercise for him! You could put some other small treats in too with the cap on and time it to see how long it takes for him to get the treats out. Henry would spend all of 20-30 seconds with that bottle and then start shredding the rug instead. He gets a little violent with a box.