• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Somethings wrong with by zebra finch's wing

BasilBird

Moving in
So this morning I went to check on our zebra finches, and our one female was hopping on the floor with her wing held strangely. She can't fly, although she tries. What is wrong, and what can we do to help? When we started our walk in cage, we agreed that we won't be able to take all the injured or sick birds to the vet. But I would like to know what I can do to help, or atleast make her more comfortable

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
When we started our walk in cage, we agreed that we won't be able to take all the injured or sick birds to the vet
Why have so many birds then? Surely it would be better to house only the amount of birds you can take care of both in terms of enrichment but also medical care?

You could try reaching out to a local breeder to take a look though it is always best to consult a medical professional (a vet) as they may want to run x rays.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
She needs medical care. We can't know what is wrong from here. It could be very serious.

In the meantime please be careful to not scare her too much. You say she is trying to fly, birds will try and fly on a broken wing when scared it is her natural response to fear. So do your best to make her safe and prevent her from getting scared or bullied, and then get her to a vet.