• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Something's Not Right With Captain...

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Another recent change I can think of is I've started working 9-5 and he's in bed when I get home so I only see him on the weekends, my partner kept him out 2 nights this week so I could see him, I'm not getting home until 6:00 (well after he's gone to bed). Only my second week of routine, could he be wanting to spend time with me? still doesn't really explain why tonight and not any other night?
That's a real possibility. If he "heard" you after going to bed he would definitely know it was you and if he hadn't seen you since a weekend he "would" be missing you.

You might want to adjust his schedule a bit so he gets up later in the mornings so he can stay up later to see his dad and still maintain a good sleep schedule.

son of eevil

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Mitch
Well we had him out a bit more today and he was perfectly fine wasn't even that grumpy.

He's gone to bed now and back in his normal bed.

Guess it was a false alarm, never can be too careful though.

Thanks everyone for your help and good wishes!

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Glad he's back to his usual self....wonder if he had a good chuckle under his breath though? :lol:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
never can be too careful though
Absolutely true..... any time mine are not quite right I am on full alert..... being on top of the little things could save their lives...

I am so glad little Captain is back to normal.... what a relief!!!!

65sunnyday

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
April, aka 'SUNNY'
I don't really understand why your bird doesn't have a warm place to sleep at night--it sounds like he has an unheated, fairly open place to sleep. Why can't he have the same comforts as you (shelter AND warmth?) He'd surely have to expend less energy just keeping his body temp up? I'm not trying to be critical; I know many people in warm weather climates keep their birds outside. Are there health reasons for this (yours or the bird's?)

Status
Not open for further replies.