• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Something wrong with conure poo?

Lori:D

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Zoe
Squiggles is about 20weeks old and a black capped conure
He eats the rainbow nutriblend pellets and beetroot, carrot, walnuts and peanuts, sometimes a few grapes and sprouts and broccoli
I haven’t given him his veggies in about two days and I was just feeding him some walnuts when I saw this poo. I haven’t noticed anything unusual about his poos and the only thing unusual about him was he’s been making all different types of sounds which I’m assuming is just him imatating the wild birds around my house. Is here something wrong with his poo?
E0D1C7F4-CD64-4DB8-B388-F27A54C0A37D.jpeg

FeatheredM

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
It has a stranger texture, probably from the change in diet. (I don't see anything serious ) you should go back to what you were feeding him two days ago and see if it helps :) you have him on a very nice diet.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Interesting texture for sure! One off poops I don't tend to worry about. Has it been looking like this all day?

Reactions: tka

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
The texture does look a bit strange but not highly abnormal. You didn’t give him any non- cooked grains ( quinoa) that may not have digested well? When you start to run out of the colored pellets I would go with the natural with no color added. The only things that could alter the color of poo would be whatever fresh vegetables you feed. I’m not sure how much of the walnut you are giving and if that could contribute to the off texture so I would withhold that for a few days and never give peanuts.

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Zoe
It has a stranger texture, probably from the change in diet. (I don't see anything serious ) you should go back to what you were feeding him two days ago and see if it helps :) you have him on a very nice diet.
The texture does look a bit strange but not highly abnormal. You didn’t give him any non- cooked grains ( quinoa) that may not have digested well? When you start to run out of the colored pellets I would go with the natural with no color added. The only things that could alter the color of poo would be whatever fresh vegetables you feed. I’m not sure how much of the walnut you are giving and if that could contribute to the off texture so I would withhold that for a few days and never give peanuts.
I’ll stop giving him peanuts (whoops!)
No he hasn’t had any uncooked grains and the reason he’s on nutriblend is because that’s what the breeder had him on. I’ll do some more research and see what’s best : )

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
So pleased to hear no more peanuts….

I’m not sure how many walnuts you’re giving the little guy but I do know that one time when Burt broke out of his cage and helped himself to a big feed of nuts (way more than he should have had in one day) he did a real funny textured poop (or two lol) straight after.

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Zoe
So pleased to hear no more peanuts….

I’m not sure how many walnuts you’re giving the little guy but I do know that one time when Burt broke out of his cage and helped himself to a big feed of nuts (way more than he should have had in one day) he did a real funny textured poop (or two lol) straight after.
Actually i just asked my dad he gave him a bit without me knowing! Probs had a bit too much today
He won’t have any for a day or two : )