• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Something stuck in cockatiel's nose

BirbNerd

Moving in
IMG20210507125343.jpg
Something's stuck in my little buddy's nose! Like a seed hull or something. Don't know how I can get that out... Get appointment I guess...

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
View attachment 381966
Something's stuck in my little buddy's nose! Like a seed hull or something. Don't know how I can get that out... Get appointment I guess...
for one of my birds with husk stuck in nose the vet did a nasal flush. For my grey the solid seed, not husk, in his nostril wouldn’t budge so she had to use a special pointy tool and pry it out.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
View attachment 381966
Don’t use force, but you can try misting your bird or giving your bird a bath, which might dislodge it.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
it's call a rhinolith and best to try baths, spray the shower and hope it loosen itself up. if it's blocking enough air your bird will be panting then you needs to see a vet.

BirbNerd

Moving in
Hey all. He doesn't have it anymore. But I may need to book into the vet for a general check up soon anyway. Thanks everyone.