• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Something is wrong with my male Java Rice Finch

Birdyldy79

Meeting neighbors
There's something wrong with my male, Java rice finch. All day today he's been puffed up and sleeping. He hasn't ate much either and is a touch pale in colour around his eyes. Until today he is usually the chipper, brighter of the two and usually gobbles down food in the am like he's starving. Yes he has access to fresh seed + fruits/veggies and water all day. He also hasn't bated at all and that's one of his favourite things to do. I'm not sure if it's a case of he didn't sleep last night or if he's sick. Anyone got advice on what to do?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Jogging around the block
It could be vitamin and mineral deficiencies, he sounds like he's on a good diet to me but with no supplements it's hard to give them everything. It could also be the start of an infection, parasites or other illness .It's really a guessing game, and I could be totally off, so it's best if you can take him to a vet for diagnosis. An avian vet will be able to diagnose and treat him, and until you are able to get an appointment making him warm will help keep him stable if he's not eating well.