• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Something fishy is going on...

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
This morning I wake up, thinking it’s a usual Thursday. I do my routine and that includes refilling the water and food in the bird cage. After I do that I turn around to go do the rest of my routine but I spot something odd. There bird poop on my closet door? It’s fresh too, yet the birds weren’t out since yesterday night. I take a paper towel and wipe it off. I also realize the poop is dark green, a healthy colour but not common for my birds. My theory is that the ghost of one of my dearly departed birds pooped on my closet door? I have no idea what happened but it’s freaky, and kind of paranormal o_O

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Whoa... that is spooky! Sometimes I find a mysterious poo on my shirt and think... "hey! When the heck did THAT happen?" :cautious:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It’s fresh too,
I would check your cage. Maybe one of the little ones got out and then got back in again?

An AA member (I won´t say who it was in case they don´t want me to) was out and they checked their nanny cam to see a bird on top of their cage. They went home to find the bird sitting inside the cage with all the doors closed like nothing happened.
They sent me the screenshot of the bird out, but yea. Maybe it´s a sitaution like that?

cheekypie

Walking the driveway
I would check your cage. Maybe one of the little ones got out and then got back in again?

An AA member (I won´t say who it was in case they don´t want me to) was out and they checked their nanny cam to see a bird on top of their cage. They went home to find the bird sitting inside the cage with all the doors closed like nothing happened.
They sent me the screenshot of the bird out, but yea. Maybe it´s a sitaution like that?
Yes maybe but usually my birds will not go back into their cage willingly, and it wasn’t there before I changed the food plus water, and because of the cages design I don’t have to open doors that are big enough for the bird to squeeze through, and last it stil doesn’t explain the completely different colour of poop or how it got on the closet door? They would have to do some weird angles to get it there

DoubleTake

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brian
:think1:

Happened to me when I was bird sitting, owner didn't know her little lovie could do that. Little brat made me rush home from work, I didn't want her to get near my suns. Got home ... secured the feeder doors went back to work.... :angry:

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
My first thought was wild bird intruder. :D I like your explanation a lot more though...

Jeez that would make the hair stand up on the back of my neck. :roflmao:

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I've had a sweet female GCC "Mimi" that would let herself out of her cage and go visit a male GCC "Pretty Boy Floyd" in his cage. It would freak me out to look into the bird room and see her empty cage and upon inspection find her with Floyd. I had to clip the sliding doors to keep her from traveling around. Those sneaky girls!!!!