• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some "TASC" observations <long-ish>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
:omg:

I meant no offense to new bird owners!!! Jeez .. if you've even bothered to be on this forum .. you're not a moron .. dang it!! You CARE!!

I'm SPECIFICALLY referring to people who keep their birds as "decoration", or that kinda nonsense. People who don't want to know, don't care to learn, have no interest in quality diets, proper housing, enriching toys .. etc.

Every single person on this forum, at one time, was a first time bird owner .. lol .. we weren't born with birds hangin' off us!!!!

Wow .. now I feel bad .. my little rant wasn't directed at new bird owners at all, it was directed at people who know don't CARE .. plain and simple.

The problem is not with people like you who are still learning. It's good that you asked questions and are doing what's best for your bird. You are not a moron at all! The people who she was refering to are the people who have had their birds for a long time and still do not take the time to learn, or even care about their bird's best interest. They are people who do not want to spend the extra money to get something that is appropriate for their sized bird and do not want to listen to the advice of more experienced people. She was not referring to people who are new to birds and trying to learn. :hug8:
Oh, and a YCM is a yellow collared macaw. ;)
Google
Great post, Merlie. My family are definitely "bird people" yet they still think I'm weird for being on bird forums. They do, however, value the knowledge that I can share with the, that I've learned on these forums :)

Please don't take offense to what any of us have said....there's a WORLD of difference between being new and learning and those who just don't care. Asking questions is a great thing! But the lady who refused to spend $25 more for a proper carrier or the people who want to buy budgie toys for a macaw because they're cheaper.....that's just wrong and those would be the "morons." You don't learn unless you ask...but these people ask and don't learn.

Harley's Mom

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
Kathy
Merlie
Don't feel bad, I shouldn't have posted after having a bad 12 hour shift at work and way too little sleep the last couple of days.
I guess I missed the purpose of your original post and I'm probably feeling a little insecure about being a new bird owner. It's all good...:hug8:
:omg:

I meant no offense to new bird owners!!! Jeez .. if you've even bothered to be on this forum .. you're not a moron .. dang it!! You CARE!!

I'm SPECIFICALLY referring to people who keep their birds as "decoration", or that kinda nonsense. People who don't want to know, don't care to learn, have no interest in quality diets, proper housing, enriching toys .. etc.

Every single person on this forum, at one time, was a first time bird owner .. lol .. we weren't born with birds hangin' off us!!!!

Wow .. now I feel bad .. my little rant wasn't directed at new bird owners at all, it was directed at people who know don't CARE .. plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.