• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some Slo-mo Zephyr Flying

Lupen

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaitlyn
Ever since he molted out his clipped baby feathers and grew in his brand new flight feathers he’s been flying around like crazy. I’ll often see him zooming from one side of the house to the other or from perch to perch. Always amazes me how well he can maneuver indoors. His new favorite sleeping place is on the curtain rod. :lol:

Always thought seeing birds fly in Slo mo was cool so thought I’d share.

And my personal favorite - the dive. (Don’t worry about the fan, it’s linked to the light there and only had it on for the video. He was too interested in the cashew I had lol.)

Sometimes though it isn’t as graceful.

Better quality on my instagram but don’t know how well Instagram links embed here.​

Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
He has great flying skills. I see that he brakes well, and slow down before landing. That is not that easy if they have been clipped as a baby.
The diving is saying that he also have confident in his flying because he was diving a long way before open his wings.
Awesome clip to watch! ♥

I'm so happy that you allowed him to fly. :)

Peachfaced

The Peachy Inkpress
JOLLY-PATROLLY
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sadie
My favorite part of slo-mo bird flight videos are the feet. I love how their "landing gear" flails around. :lol:

TikkiTembo

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Chelsea
That dive is so cool!! We often work on recall like that in case Tikki ever escaped and was stuck in a tree. Zephyr is beautiful!!