• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some Outdoor Dangers for Birds

StacyMadl

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Stacy Madl
This is such a great post. I am totally new to bird owning but my mom has owned Amazons for most of her life so I learned a lot from her and this site is helping me out so much. I would never ever bring out either of my birds outside without a harness or little cage. I plan on getting my conure used to a harness soon and getting my zon used to being caged because I doubt I could get a harness on him. I want them to enjoy the outdoors but not at the risk of losing them. That risk is too big IMO. I don't even know if I could do it even if they were fully recal trained to perfection. There are just so many variables and we can't predict them all. I am also over paranoid, it sucks somtimes but I know in the end it could prevent something horrible that I could never forgive myself for. thank you for posting these warnings and stories so new bird owners like me can learn and not make the same mistakes.