• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some of my Lovies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
o_O I love them all but that WF am cinn, my gosh!

Now I am even more excited about my new pair, once the male is born. I am pairing Momo, my WF aussie to a WFblue or violet pied male split to Am cinn. I have seen pics of Violet WF am cinns, but never wiithout the violet...wow!

Anfsurfer

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Thanks Stephanie. I'm not sure how he's produced, but my breeder said he lost the genetics to produce him for a while, and then was able to buy a baby from someone he sold a bird to a while back with the correct genetics. It's not common to see a Peachface Lovebird so removed of color...not sure what all it takes to get one like that??? I've never seen one like him before. But he's starting his molt and I think I can see a peach brow coming in...and there's a very, very, very soft green coming in on his head and wing tips. So I'm not sure how white he'll be after his molt. As beautiful as he is physically, I have to add that he's a very sweet bird as well. :)

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Thou,
I took new pics of ALL my Lovebirds about a week ago. I did post them on another site, but not here. So I guess I can post them here as well. These pics are how I have them caged. By singles and pairs. When these pics were taken...Luthien and Morwen were looking VERY raggedy from their molts. Luthien looks MUCH better now, but poor Morwen need some more time. :)

Ignore the broken window in the background...just one of the MANY damages to my house from a nearby tornado.

Last edited:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
All of them are very pretty!

Matt

Baboo's Momma

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Stephanie
Gorgeous!! Your lil WF am cinn is starting to look more like my Momo, WF aussie cin!

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Breathtaking birdies.

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
thanks! they are all so beautiful and what awesome names you gave them. did you make them up or are they real tolkien characters? i know legolas is a character. i tried to read the fellowship of the ring, but i couldn't get thru it though the movies are my fave.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
Thanks everyone!

All the names are Tolkien. A few of the names are in the movies, but most are from the thousands of years of history that Tolkien created.

MBS

Jogging around the block
Thou,
I took new pics of ALL my Lovebirds about a week ago. I did post them on another site, but not here. So I guess I can post them here as well. These pics are how I have them caged. By singles and pairs. When these pics were taken...Luthien and Morwen were looking VERY raggedy from their molts. Luthien looks MUCH better now, but poor Morwen need some more time. :)

Ignore the broken window in the background...just one of the MANY damages to my house from a nearby tornado.

What mutations are Beren and Arvedui? I'm looking at a baby that is the color of the one on the right with the brighter yellow and has more green. The baby I'm going to get is nearly the same, but it seems to have a light turquoise on it's back instead of a blue. It has a white looking face, but I guess that could change once it goes through its first molt.

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
They're both Violet Pieds. From your description of your new bird in the other post, yours sounds like a Dutch Blue Pied or Seagreen Pied. Congratulations on your new baby. Can't wait to see pics!!! :)

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
:omg: They are all so beautiful Tim, I especially love Berens color :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.