• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Some Good News...........

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
It came in the news today that the Covid vaccine that is being made now, will be more efficient on people who do not use Non-Stick Cookware :yah: as Polyurethane will disrupt the vaccine's work. Hopefully this will make less people want to use Non Stick Cookware :yes4:

BirdWorld

It came in the news today that the Covid vaccine that is being made now, will be more efficient on people who do not use Non-Stick Cookware :yah:
That makes literally no sense. But ok lol

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
will be more efficient on people who do not use Non-Stick Cookware
*it may be less effective on those who use non-stick cookware

¨ Small amounts of per- and polyfluoroalkyl (or PFAS) chemicals are commonly found in the bodies of people in the US, as well as several other countries. These man-made chemicals, used in everything from non-stick pans to waterproof clothes to pizza boxes, have been linked to an elevated risk of liver damage, decreased fertility and even cancer.
But scientists warn some of these chemicals can also cause another little-known but potentially significant defect by reducing the effectiveness of certain administered vaccines. This impediment could cast a shadow over efforts to roll out a Covid-19 vaccine ¨

@ParrotNuts even the article title has the word ¨could¨. I don´t think there is anything concrete right now, but I´m not a scientist so I have no idea.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
I'm sad because;
Here you go again posting, something you "heard ", as gospel. Something you heard from a talking head on TV. Polyurathane is not used on non-stick cookware, it is used as a protective coating on woods.

Polytetrafluoroethylene - or PTFE Which everyone on this forum has been warned about time after time. Much of the non-stick cookware is now made without PTFE or PFOA.

Like @Zara says she isn't a scientis,t I'm a very old scientist and I don't think at your age you are a scientist.

What is polyurethane used for?
Polyurethane wood finish is used to coat surfaces, protecting them from scratches and helping to resist water damage. Learning how to apply polyurethane can give wood furniture and flooring a glossy, smooth finish while improving its durability.

Mybluebird

Real Name
Anne
I read the article - interesting, sort of. Thanks @Zara. So maybe instead of being 95% effective it'll be 91% effective.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I'm sad because;
Here you go again posting, something you "heard ", as gospel. Something you heard from a talking head on TV. Polyurathane is not used on non-stick cookware, it is used as a protective coating on woods.

Polytetrafluoroethylene - or PTFE Which everyone on this forum has been warned about time after time. Much of the non-stick cookware is now made without PTFE or PFOA.

Like @Zara says she isn't a scientis,t I'm a very old scientist and I don't think at your age you are a scientist.

What is polyurethane used for?
Polyurethane wood finish is used to coat surfaces, protecting them from scratches and helping to resist water damage. Learning how to apply polyurethane can give wood furniture and flooring a glossy, smooth finish while improving its durability.
I think as it was something he heard rather than read he likely remembered the wrong word. I know I mis-hear things a lot. :shy: From the link @Zara found it does seem that there may be some credence to the Teflon correlation.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
When you think about it, it's hard telling what we've ingested into our bodies over the years. If those chemicals can harm our parrots, it seems likely that they're not good for us.

Who knew?

I've lived long enough that I've seen reports saying coffee was bad, coffee was good, eggs were bad for us, eggs were good..... I gave up and just enjoy food and drink.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
When you think about it, it's hard telling what we've ingested into our bodies over the years. If those chemicals can harm our parrots, it seems likely that they're not good for us.

Who knew?

I've lived long enough that I've seen reports saying coffee was bad, coffee was good, eggs were bad for us, eggs were good..... I gave up and just enjoy food and drink.
You forgot the sugar, chocolate and the red wine lmao- I agree wholeheartedly with you, I figure it is just best to enjoy life and not over indulge in any one thing. The best advice I think they ever gave was everything should be enjoyed in moderation and all other advice after that is just too much for me to comprehend lol.

ParrotNuts

Real Name
Atharv
I think as it was something he heard rather than read he likely remembered the wrong word. I know I mis-hear things a lot. :shy: From the link @Zara found it does seem that there may be some credence to the Teflon correlation.
Maybe............ :shrug:
Also, I checked their website, there is nothing on there, and I don't think I should link their site, as it is all in Hindi :)