• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Solo and the Peppers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
For those you may not know I have a Bare Eyed Too named Solo.

Here is is helping me yesterday with the peppers and sweet corn I was chopping up for them.

Usually Bobo my other Bare Eyed Too is there first but I gave him a chunk of corn to munch on away from the table.

Attachments

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
he was having a grand old time thanks for sharing I just love Solo Polo

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Thanks Cynthia, he isn't a huge vegetable lover but I keep trying and I think those red peppers are his favorite.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
What are your bared-eyed toos like? Are they noisy and hard to keep?
I ask because when I went to get my bird food, the store had the most darling bared-eyed. She kept saying, hi! hi! and wanting to be scritched between the bars. Oh, she deserved to be pampered and in someone's home...not in the small cage begging for attention. Seemed like such a sweet bird really ready to steal someone's heart.

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
Pearl (BE2) really loves the pepper's too. Especially with a sprinkling of cilantro.

Love the third picture, foot on food, eyeing you :)

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
I think they are almost nightmares sometimes. Yes very loud and hard to keep. lol

Putting that aside they will never say no to an adventure, they will always play with you and they are whip smart, and super funny. And they are a nice size parrot too, not big or little, I do like that.

Lovebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathy
I ask because when I went to get my bird food, the store had the most darling bared-eyed. She kept saying, hi! hi! and wanting to be scritched between the bars. Oh, she deserved to be pampered and in someone's home...not in the small cage begging for attention. Seemed like such a sweet bird really ready to steal someone's heart.
Uh oh Monica... do you see another family member in the 'wings'... teehee... :dancing::dancing::dancing:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Truely likes the inside of the pepper, the part with the seeds.

Ginger

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Aw, how beautiful!!!!! I have only seen one bare eyed too in person, my guidance counselor from school as a child has one.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Uh oh Monica... do you see another family member in the 'wings'... teehee... :dancing::dancing::dancing:[/QUOTE]

No, Kathy! I don't have enough time to devote to another bird, though I wish I could. She was such a dear. I was actually looking for confirmation that "toos are TOOO difficult for the average bird owner (and I am that) so they can break the spell she put upon me!!

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Pearl (BE2) really loves the pepper's too.
It's soo good for them too!

Aw, how beautiful!!!!!
They are beautiful in thier own way, those bags under the eyes are really something to feel (and they like them touched).

Truely likes the inside of the pepper, the part with the seeds.
That seems to be Solos fav also Ginger.

Uh oh Monica... do you see another family member in the 'wings'... teehee... :dancing::dancing::dancing:
:LOL:

so they can break the spell she put upon me!!
[/QUOTE]

That spell is a strong one let me tell you!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
that is one happy Solo Kristy

I have missed seeing pics of your trio

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Peppers are very healthy :) Atleast Solo eats those :D

Have you tried being creative with them? Boiling them in with sweet potatoe, carrots, and other veggies :D

I recently steamed/boiled up romaine lettuce and spinach, Opa, my picky veggie eater, actually ate some! Now Im going to slowly cook it less and make it less soggy, and more in its original matter and hopefully he will convert to eating things fresh. Opa doesnt eat anything fresh... has to be cooked, the little terd!

Bokka on the other, used to be VERY, EXTREMELY, picky! Now he eats most veggies, especially when he is hungry. And if he doesnt eat them, I usually handfeed it to him :) and eventually he'll eat it.

Mercedez

Last edited:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Mercedez I am getting better and better with feeding the parrots. I still have much to learn and try ~ and I will try that.

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Kristy, anytime solo needs to be watch send him my way. I want to see if I can keep up with that crazy man!

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
What beautiful pics of Solo with the brightly colored peppers, awesome. Some of our macaws like peppers and others don't. If Alex is busy when you need a sitter, just call, we have a special room for Shadow our BP2 away from the macaws. :)

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
JR, same goes for you! Anytime you need a sitter, for free even :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.