• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Softbills on harnesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
My friend has a Swainson's toucan & he uses a harness with her, but I am curious as to if tame mousebirds, turacos, toucanets can safely wear a harness?

I want to be able to take my little mouser out with me. I think my friends would get a kick out of that!

Last edited:

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Hmmm...I believe Carole had talked to someone to find out what size harness would fit a little mouser. Hopefully she will post what she learned.

Missi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Missi
That would be interesting! Carole....where ARRRE youuuuuu??? :dance5:

I am curious if it would be too heavy for a mouser? I'm thinking only the Aviator harness would work as it is with out metal parts. I wonder is Hartman would custom make one like with thin straps...they're such good & helpful people! Love them!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
That would be interesting! Carole....where ARRRE youuuuuu??? :dance5:

I am curious if it would be too heavy for a mouser? I'm thinking only the Aviator harness would work as it is with out metal parts. I wonder is Hartman would custom make one like with thin straps...they're such good & helpful people! Love them!
Good morning Missi & Susanne. You won't find me on the board much in the late evening, but I will guarantee I am up before both of you.:p I have spoken with Steve about the 'petite' Aviator harness for Mousebirds, and also to a girl who said she could custom make one, but never heard back from her after sending pics of him. Here is what Steve said:
Hello Carole,

The harness will be little loose but should fit. The real limiting issue is the size of human hands working the belt slide. If he is easy to work with you should be able to use it.

It works best if you position the slide on his back when tightening the belt. This way you can pick him up just a little so the belt is touching his belly and the wings will not be in the way of your fingers.

If you purchase from my site and you find it does not work I will refund you money if you send it back. Just keep this email to remind me of the offer.

The Parrot University Aviator Harness

Best Regards,
Steve Hartman

Last edited:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I plan to get the Petite to try. I think he would love to go exploring. I would test it thoroughly inside first though, to make sure no escape is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.