• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So who's got food dunkers here?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy_Bird

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lisa
Izzy does not dunk food in her water bowl, but she DOES dunk herself! I can give her a shower daily, and she will still try to play in her water bowl. Funny thing is, she doesn't fit. Its so funny watching her turn around and try to back her butt into her bowl.

Boogie, my foster macaw IS a dunker. Yesterday morning I gave him a piece of my bagel, and he sat at his water bowl dunking and eating. I told him he looked like a man dunking his donut in his coffee lol.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
How funny!! Squeeky doesn't try to dunk himself at all. He likes getting misted or taking showers with me :)

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I have a dunker, and 4 bathers.
Cochise dunks & bathes, and Mr. Jeepers, Jada, and Kismet are also bathers.:D

thebirdnerds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Jennifer
AHHHHHHH I can't stand that lol I rescued a Green Cheek that I had to change her food like 10+ times a day!!! It was insane.
Reba does it the worst, Malachi also does it and the Suns do it big time too!!!!!!!!!!!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
little Alice is a dunker..lol..she grabs her broccoli and dunks it before she eats it..lol

Juhi882

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Juhi
For my Mitthu ANYTHING and EVERYTHING goes into the water...!!!!
the other day i found him rubbing his piece of cookie(birdie cookie) on to a BANANA just to moisten it up..!!!!!! all because i had taken out the bowl for cleaning.!!!:rofl:
Now THAT cracked me up i was laughing for good 10 mins at the smartness of this bird
I too have to change the water 2-3 times a day.
I've never seen Chhotu dunk anything in water, oh but he dosen't ever get a chance to do so, mitthu hardly leaves the water bowl :hehe:

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Hi Juhi, I see you are from India. What kind of birds are Mitthu and Chhotu?

trout

Real Name
Bobby
Two dunkers here. We give them each two water dishes, one for dunking and another for drinking clean water if they want it.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Ok..I know this is another touchy subject...But refuse to use a water bottle. I think birds should be allowed to dunk theyre food if they want to and if that means I change water 5 times a day..then so be it! I allow birds to be birds here, and I think there should be a balance of how much we take away from them. I refuse water bottles and this is only MY OPINION I do not want to start a debate over it. My opinion ONLY!
My birds are all dunkers..everyone of them DUNK DUNK DUNK..hahahah It gets messy but they LOVE IT!

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I am going to give him both options and have both available to him. He can use whichever he chooses.

samccormack

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Scott
Mine have both, they have bottles in their cages and bowl on their play areas.

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
Ok..I know this is another touchy subject...But refuse to use a water bottle. I think birds should be allowed to dunk theyre food if they want to and if that means I change water 5 times a day..then so be it! I allow birds to be birds here, and I think there should be a balance of how much we take away from them. I refuse water bottles and this is only MY OPINION I do not want to start a debate over it. My opinion ONLY!
My birds are all dunkers..everyone of them DUNK DUNK DUNK..hahahah It gets messy but they LOVE IT!
I agree with you! Besides it keeps them occupied. :dance4:

I had the vacuum going today & 6 out of my 9 birds dunk themselves into the water. What is it about vacuums, running water, & disposals that make birds want to bathe? :lol:

M

M.C Bird Rescue

I love how vacumming triggers a bathing response! hahahahah. I get a shower as I vacum. Its win win! hahahahaha:dance4:

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
No dunkers. Just 3 bathers. Johari has a water dish & a bottle. Her choice. She bathes 3, 4 times a day! Gussie bathes in her bath tub, bathes in her water dish, and showers. Sometimes she will shower in the sink, then hop into her water dish when I return her to her cage to preen. And I once had a budgie that liked to bounce his toys into his water dish. Every day, one by one, he'd take a toy up the ladder, hop on his swing, & drop the toy. He'd repeat this with the same toy until it bounced from the cage bottom into the water dish. He'd then start on the next toy. Every day when I came home from work ALL his free standing toys were in the water dish. Funny birdies :)

prettyinpink

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Erica
Baby's a dunker also. I caught her taking all her toys from her toy box and dumping them in her water...

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Our U2 who we have had a little over 4 weeks is now dunking his banana chips!

He just wants to soften them mom. Plus..banana water may be yummy..never know unless you try. Ick! hhhahaha

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
oh geez, Cookie just discovered the joy of dunking, like, last week!!

I am SO not thrilled! She ONLY dunks the red and orange pellets, though! She's insane, but i luurrve her:heart:

She does it alot, though. I'll change her water and then go back into the room half an hour later and it'll be red, and i'll have to change it again. I end up changing it like, 10 times a day! its insane!!

I was talking to my friend today, though, and she suggested something so OBVIOUS i hadn't even thought of it. Put the water at the other end of the cage! Durr!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I have two food dunking soup makers :D
Rocky and Koko :)

Status
Not open for further replies.