• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

So sleepy??

Kymber67

Moving in
Real Name
Kimberly
Just brought home our 8 wk old yellow sided conure - Kiwi. She’s been pretty much sleeping since we brought her home 3 hours ago. She went into the cage just fine, and after hanging on the side for a bit, settled into this long nap. She peeks at us when we get close to the cage and talk, but I’m assuming the stress of the trip home and the new surroundings have tired her out. Im brand new to this - Am I worrying too much?

Attachments

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
If this baby has only been Home 3 hours yes it could be the stress
of everything.

Especially as holding onto side of cage like that. That's a burd feeling some fear of all the new stuff.

If you can only approach cage from the front abd say hello from a couple of feet away and let her know you are coming.

Feed her the same food she was eating before. If you plan on changing her diet go slow and wait to maybe her second week home to start that.

I hope tomorrow she starts feeling safer.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Pippen was found outside and flew into the warehouse that the guy that called me because he thought she was Lurch. She was very tired and hungry and just wanted to cuddle, eat, and sleep for the first couple of days. After that she perked right up and got really feisty and nippy once she felt better. Keep an eye on her and let her rest and get used to the new situation. If she doesn't perk up in a short time get her checked out. We did
take her to the vet a bit later and she was very healthy but skinny. 65 grams, a year later of munching and 85 grams.

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Both of my cheekies spent there first couple of days and nights clinging to there cages like that.
I would suggest putting bowls of food and water on the bottom of the cage to offer more feeding oppertunities.
Both of mine started drinking and feeding from bowls on the floor.

Pixiebeak

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
Excellent from @Wardy
How's your new baby today?